2011-12 Goals & Objectives
Goal 1: Support and empower PTA unit presidents and other board members at our 33 unit PTAs through communication, training, coaching and collaboration.
- Continue unit leader mentoring program, organize training programs and build leadership.
- Provide support, communication, training and coaching to unit leaders throughout the year, including providing mini training at association meetings. Council board members will act as a resource for their unit counterparts.
- Provide opportunities for informal collaboration among unit leaders.
Goal 2: Promote and increase membership.
- Support the units in proper reporting and the ongoing reporting of members at all levels.
- Extend membership opportunities to the community at large.
Goal 3: Communicate information about our programs and other programs of interest to the community, to PTA units, parents and teachers using current technology.
- Move current website to School Loop.
- Continue to refine the use of the Lyris email system as a communication tool for the council and units. Provide assistance to units in the use of Lyris and best practices in electronic communications.
- Define communication guidelines for using our assorted communication methods to convey information to our members and the public.
- Explore the use of social networking sites as an additional means of communication. Establish protocol for posting and updating networking sites.
Goal 4: Continue building a community outreach program through collaboration to address the diverse and changing demographics within the San Ramon Valley in order to foster respect for and tolerance of differences within our school communities, appreciate what we share in common, celebrate diversity and make PTA welcoming to all.
- Implement and evaluate best practices in the area of educational inclusion and diversity throughout our Council.
- Assess our district’s changing demographics.
Goal 5: Provide Parent & Community Education Programs, Special Needs Programs, Legislative Advocacy Program, Sister School Program, the National PTA Reflections (fine arts) Program, Scholarship & Awards Program, Health & Safety Program and Street Smarts Program.
Goal 6: Continue to support STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education in the district.