Welcome PTA Leaders
Your PTA Council is here to support you! The subpages of this section of our website are just for you. Here you will find information about upcoming training opportunities, Unit Mentor Assignments, financial forms and deadlines, and other relevant advice.
We are not aware of any new training opportunities scheduled yet, please check back later in the summer.
Past Training Opportunities - listed for reference
32nd District PTA’s annual Leadership Academy, annual training for new and returning PTA Officers
Saturday, May 30, 2015, 9:00am-2:45pm at the Willow Creek Center in Concord
Get the information you need to start your PTA year off to a great start. Find more information here about the workshops and program for the day. Register online here. Download the Leadership Academy Registration form here to mail in.
The day starts with a continental breakfast. A short general meeting will begin at 9:00am and includes installation of the district officers for the 2015-2017 term. Next, California State PTA Leadership Mentor Kathy Corzine will then present Finance for All: How to Help Keep Your PTA Financially Sound.
A variety of helpful and energizing workshops presented by State and District PTA leaders will follow the keynote. Included is lunch with a chance to network with PTA leaders from all over Contra Costa County.
Double sessions (please attend both parts) :
- Presidents – Off to a Great Start - How to be an effective PTA leader
- Treasurers and Financial Secretaries - What every financial officer needs to know to protect the PTA’s assets
- Secretary: For the Record - How to record, report and preserve the minutes and other essential duties
- Advocacy for Every PTA Member - Learn how you can influence public policy decisions affecting children, as well make your voice heard locally
- PTA Reflections Arts Program - Learn how to run this fun and fabulous arts program, including new changes.
- Know Your Bylaws and Parliamentary Procedure - Understand PTA’s bylaws, how to navigate the e-Bylaws and review parliamentary procedures. Bring a flash drive to save your e-bylaws work.
- Council Boards and Beyond - See what goes on beyond your local PTA and find out how you fit in the “Bigger Picture”. Includes ideas for re-energizing your council.
- Auditor: Protecting Your Assets - How to conduct a PTA audit
- Membership: Reaching Your Entire School Community to Grow Membership - Hear ideas for running exciting membership campaigns and learn how to foster inclusion and diversity within your PTA
- Program Planning and Fundraising - How to plan wonderful programs that connect families and school and find the funds to support them
- Reaching Your Members Through Communications and Social Media - Best practices and tips to keep members informed and involved in PTA activities and accomplishments using newsletters, social media and other technology
Council-wide Annual Evening Training for New & Continuing Unit Officers
May 11, 2015 at Pine Valley Middle Schools
The San Ramon Valley Council of PTAs holds an annual PTA training event in the spring of each year. Breakout training sessions are provided for Presidents & EVPs, Treasurers & Financial Secretaries, Auditors, Secretaries, Parliamentarians, Events & Fundraiser Chairs, and Communications Chairs/Newsletter Editors.
If you have additional training needs please contact your site's PTA mentor, or the council's Vice President of Leadership, or the council's counterpart for the position for which you seek training.