Welcome PTA Leaders
Your San Ramon Valley PTA Council is here to support you! The subpages of this section of our website are just for you. Here you will find information about upcoming training opportunities, Unit Mentor Assignments, financial forms and deadlines, and other relevant advice.
Training Opportunities - May 9, 2016
The San Ramon Valley Council of PTAs is providing training for returning and incoming PTA leaders on Monday, May 9 at 6pm at Pine Valley Middle School - 3000 Pine Valley Road, San Ramon.
Join us for dinner at 6 pm. Dinner will be provided by the Council of PTAs and includes pasta from Rigatoni's (meat and meatless), green salad, bread, water and dessert. Please send me an email if you have dietary restrictions.
"Break out" training sessions will start at 6:45 pm for the following officer positions and committees:
- President and Executive Vice President
- Recording Secretary
- Treasurer and Financial Secretary
- Communication/Newsletter Editor
Please write the name of the PTA unit (school) you are representing in the comments section.
Presidents - please be sure to forward this link to returning and incoming officers, and committee chairs.
New this year- a prize for the school that brings the most board members to be trained! If more than one school has at least one attendee in each workshop, and same amount of total people at training, those schools are entered into a drawing that night to win a tasting menu with wine/soft drink pairing for their board, up to 12 people hosted by Marilyn Lucey at her home during the summer or fall.
Looking forward to seeing all of you on May 9th!
Past Training Opportunities - listed for reference
32nd District PTA’s annual Leadership Academy, annual training for new and returning PTA Officers
Saturday, May 30, 2015, 9:00am-2:45pm at the Willow Creek Center in Concord
Get the information you need to start your PTA year off to a great start. Find more information here about the workshops and program for the day. Register online here. Download the Leadership Academy Registration form here to mail in.
The day starts with a continental breakfast. A short general meeting will begin at 9:00am and includes installation of the district officers for the 2015-2017 term. Next, California State PTA Leadership Mentor Kathy Corzine will then present Finance for All: How to Help Keep Your PTA Financially Sound.
A variety of helpful and energizing workshops presented by State and District PTA leaders will follow the keynote. Included is lunch with a chance to network with PTA leaders from all over Contra Costa County.
Double sessions (please attend both parts) :
- Presidents – Off to a Great Start - How to be an effective PTA leader
- Treasurers and Financial Secretaries - What every financial officer needs to know to protect the PTA’s assets
- Secretary: For the Record - How to record, report and preserve the minutes and other essential duties
- Advocacy for Every PTA Member - Learn how you can influence public policy decisions affecting children, as well make your voice heard locally
- PTA Reflections Arts Program - Learn how to run this fun and fabulous arts program, including new changes.
- Know Your Bylaws and Parliamentary Procedure - Understand PTA’s bylaws, how to navigate the e-Bylaws and review parliamentary procedures. Bring a flash drive to save your e-bylaws work.
- Council Boards and Beyond - See what goes on beyond your local PTA and find out how you fit in the “Bigger Picture”. Includes ideas for re-energizing your council.
- Auditor: Protecting Your Assets - How to conduct a PTA audit
- Membership: Reaching Your Entire School Community to Grow Membership - Hear ideas for running exciting membership campaigns and learn how to foster inclusion and diversity within your PTA
- Program Planning and Fundraising - How to plan wonderful programs that connect families and school and find the funds to support them
- Reaching Your Members Through Communications and Social Media - Best practices and tips to keep members informed and involved in PTA activities and accomplishments using newsletters, social media and other technology
Council-wide Annual Evening Training for New & Continuing Unit Officers
May 11, 2015 at Pine Valley Middle Schools
The San Ramon Valley Council of PTAs holds an annual PTA training event in the spring of each year. Breakout training sessions are provided for Presidents & EVPs, Treasurers & Financial Secretaries, Auditors, Secretaries, Parliamentarians, Events & Fundraiser Chairs, and Communications Chairs/Newsletter Editors.
By Laws Revision Training
Convene your bylaws committee, decide what you'd like to change, then attend one of these workshops!
Council board members will help you complete the process.
February 23, 9:30-11:00am
February 23, 7-8:30pm
*Note: It will take months for your bylaws to officially be approved by state PTA so don't miss out on this opportunity to prepare revisions for approval.
Reference Guide of Action Items/Deliverables
Click here for the --> 2015-2016 Action Items Reference Guide for Presidents and EVPs
Good transitions = great starts!
The smooth transition of outgoing and incoming board members and officers is of vital importance and can determine your PTA’s leadership success for years to come. The transition process is the responsibility of both incoming and outgoing officers and board members. It gives closure to those leaving their positions and allows those coming in to be properly prepared. A good process of transition provides an opportunity for outgoing members to evaluate their work and efforts while giving suggestions to new board members on what they wish they had done differently.
Click here for more details --> http://capta.org/pta-leaders/run-your-pta/nominations-and-elections/officer-transition/